Grant Application and Forms
2015 GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
Northland Giving Circle (NGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a significant impact to the well-being of Clay and Platte counties through a yearly donation. One grant up to $30,000 is awarded yearly
for a program/project that provides services that improve the lives of Clay and/or Platte county residents.
October 15, 2015, 5 p.m.
Judy Spinner (816-741-7131, firstname.lastname@example.org)
One $30,000 grant (presented February, 2016) will be awarded to an organization exempt from Federal Income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The program/project must provide services that improve the lives of Clay and/or Platte county residents. An organization can receive this grant every five years.
The following will be excluded from consideration:
1. Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities
2. Primary and secondary educational institutions
3. Religious organizations or denominational programs
4. Capital campaigns
2015 Grant Application Procedure/Time Line
August 23 – Applications are available online through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation internet
grant application module (iGAM – see link below)
October 15 – Deadline for applications to be submitted (5 p.m. CDT). If you cannot meet the deadline you are invited to
apply next year
November – Northland Giving Circle Grant Application Committee will select three finalists to submit to
membership for final vote
January 2016 – Northland Giving Circle members will vote; the organization receiving highest number of votes will be
awarded the grant
February 2016 – Formal presentation of the award will take place with awardee
Spring 2016 - Annual Celebration for recognition of the grant recipient and members of Northland Giving Circle
If Northland Giving Circle has any questions regarding your proposal, a member of the Grant Application Committee may contact you via phone or email requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit. If you have questions, please contact Judy Spinner (816-741-7131 or email@example.com). For technical assistance with the online grant application contact the Community Foundation (816-627-3420 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The recipient of any grant from Northland Giving Circle must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose(s) as outlined in the original grant proposal. Northland Giving Circle requires a report detailing expenditures to date, planned expenditures and interim results of the program by July 30, 2016. In addition, a final report is required detailing full expenditures and final results of the program by January 30, 2017.
1. FIRST, Click here to access the 2015 Northland Giving Circle Grant Application.
THEN, please select "Northland Giving Circle" on the Drop Down Box.
2. You will be prompted to create a username and password, unless this has been done previously.
3. Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for your organization to be shared among staff.
4. Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser favorites to access draft and submitted applications:
5. A compatible web browser must be used, either Internet Explorer version 6 or higher or Fire Fox version 1.5 or
higher and have cookies enabled.